Lets Grow Together

Welcome to The Incompetent Gardener, my aim was and is to try and grow our own food, from our own little piece of suburbia. Where it be building raised beds using reclaimed materials, to hydroponics. I'm on a huge learning curve and loving it. My other passion is cooking, and making my own recipes and manicuring flavors. I'd love your feedback, stories and comments as you join me on my Incompetent journey.

Where it all started



 Join me on what I hope to be a great journey.
 
  A little bit about myself, I'm Barney, I moved to Michigan in July 2019, and lets face it its been a crazy year, last summer there was EEE, and who thought it was going to get even crazier. I married an American, and we live in a little piece of surburbia.
  Since July I've been at the mercy of USCIS, and luckily they said I'm good to go, so in February I got my green card, just before the Covid-19 situation exploded.
  During this time I found myself somewhat lost, I was unemployed, no income, and I suck at computers, if you asked me what a code was, I'd have given you my pin number to my bank account.
  I'm really into cooking, I love it, I love growing my own fruits and vegetables, has it been full of trials and tribulations, Hugely. I've noticed chihuahuas have a vegetarian side, as I turn round and the cucumber seedlings have gone, well, there in his mouth! Then there's the Michigan weather, I've never seen weather so up and down, from extreme heat and humidity, to having a thermal layer on the next day. Do seedlings have a temperament, er yes, they're like a teenager, struggling to get out of bed, as you stare patiently at them, just tenderly wanting them to sprout. All this led me to this point of wanting to share my recipes, growing our own food, up-cyling old items, composting, and not throwing away the vegetables that had sprouted in the cupboard.
  Welcome to Grow, Cook and Eat.


Comments

My Reads:

  • The IRS is reminding marijuana companies that taxes under Section 280E of the Internal Revenue Code still must be paid because of the drug's Schedule 1 s...
  • We’re continuing to GroMoreGood and reinforcing our Pollinator Promise with the opening of a new bee yard, known as an apiary, at our Marysville, Ohio, c...
  • The post How to Use FoxFarm’s Cultivation Nation® 3-Part Liquid Fertilizers appeared first on FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company.
  • Animation is definitely not just for kids. The post A Handful of the Trippiest Animated Movies Ever Made appeared first on Green Rush Daily.

Popular Posts: